Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So it begins...

I have dreams almost every night that my house is going to burn down. You see, I am a 27 year old single woman who just bought her first home. I'm a little apprehensive and I have a lot of irrational fear. I know nothing about electrical work, plumbing, drywall, or any appliances whatsoever. However, I can tell the difference between a phillips head and a flat head screw-driver, so that's a start. I also happen to have a good Dad and a few brothers who will help me when I need it, but I'd like to do as much as I can on my own. I just recently learned that DIY stands for Do-It-Yourself, and that's my plan! It's a little hard not to feel overwhelmed by the situation, so I am starting this blog as an outlet and a way to document my progress and what I learn. Hopefully it will provide some help for other women in my situation.

Some of the projects I will be working on in the upcoming weeks will include:

Minor dry-wall repair
Painting
Linoleum Replacement
Electrical work (changing outlets, light fixtures and ceiling fans)
Heavy Duty Cleaning
Lots of yard work

Stay tuned!! It's sure to be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment